Software Engineer in Deutsche Telekom Technik
Network Infrastructure (NWI) develops, plans, builds and operates the international network infrastructure of DTAG and produces intercarrier and wholesale services for Telekom Global Carrier. The unit Voice, Signaling & Services Infrastructure (VSS) is responsible for the proactive development and engineering, planning and roll-out of our international intercarrier voice and signaling (roaming enablement) services’ production platforms and system architectures, including 2nd/3rd level operational support.
What will be your job
In the role of Software Engineer, you are developing and operationally supporting Software Elements / packages for products and services in the area of international wholesale / Telco solutions while taking into account a holistic view of business requirements and implications along the entire development process and lifecycle.
- You are taking the lead for requirements’ clarification and definition regarding SW based solutions for specific products, applications and services within the team of experts.
- You are coding as well as installing, configurating and administrating of software packages for specific products, applications and services.
- You are creating technical concepts and specifications / documentation for the specific software, systems and applications, and provide technology-related guidance.
- You are supporting the lifecycle management for the software and applications by bringing your ideas and optimization proposals.
- You are developing concepts for system tests, test automation and system documentation.
- You are coordinating and supporting rollouts of software and applications as well as information technology-based processes and systems into production operations.
- You are taking an SW engineering role in ensuring end-to-end solutions and architectures by elaborating and implementing automation and integration capabilities in the field of international Wholesale service productions.
- You will collaborate in an international, dynamic cross-functional team and related projects with end-to-end Dev/Ops responsibility for inter-carrier and IoT services productions’ platforms and applications.
Perfect candidate will be
You have completed a university degree in the area of communications technology, computer science or electrical engineering, or have a comparable qualification in related fields, with professional work experience in the area of Software development around telecommunications networks.
In addition, you possess the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of Linux, cloud environments and databases.
- Experience of GIT.
- Strong DevOps focus and experience on building and deploying infrastructure with cloud deployment technologies like ansible, chef, puppet etc.
- Advanced skills in the usage of API for integration / automation of applications, systems and processes.
- Experience with building APIs and services using REST, SOAP etc.
- Very strong English reading/writing/conversation skills.
- Flexibility, strong self-motivation, and a quick grasp of new situations and knowledge areas.
- Self-determined, solution-oriented and customer-oriented ways of working.
What do we offer
- Smartphone: Choose your phone and get a compensation of, for example 15,400 CZK every 2 years.
- Employee tariff: Use unlimited data, call and text for lower prices for private and business purposes.
- Bonuses and rewards: Hard work pays off! Get rewards for your individual performance, as well as a yearly bonus of up to 15 % depending on the company’s success.
- T-Mobile discounts: Enjoy the 75% discount on 8 T-Mobile services for your family and friends.
- Partner discounts: Enjoy lower prices of products and services with our partners.
- Flexible hours: We usually work at the office vs home-office 60:40. Adapt your work to your needs.
- Rest and recreation: Relax with 5 weeks of holidays, up to 4 extra days off and 1 free day for charity activities.
- MultiSport: Sport and relax with your loved ones for free or with discounts thanks to the MultiSport card.
- Healthcare: Take care of your wellbeing with high-quality care for a discounted price with our contractual facility.
- Education and development: Broaden your horizons with our internal T-Univerzity offering a wide range of courses.
- Cafeteria: Benefits worth up to 10,000 CZK per year – sports and culture, contributions to transport, holidays or language courses.
- Psychological consultations: Are you having troubles in your private or professional life? Share your burden anonymously via phone or online.
- Meal contribution: Enjoy a delicious meal with a work-day allowance of 63 CZK.
- Pension allowance: Get ready for your retirement with a pension allowance after 12 months with us.